Any period of study and/or research abroad has to be authorized by the Academic Board and communicated to the PhD and Professional Master Office.
PhD students have to:
- request from the Academic Board the authorization to stay abroad for a period of study/research well in advance (the official approval has to be sent to the Office by the PhD Coordinator);
- within 10 days from the departure, send their self-declaration on the period abroad, properly filled in, to the Office at email@example.com, using the sequence 'Surname Name_Name of the PhD Programme_Cycle' to name the file.
NB! Both PhD students with and without scholarship have to send their self-declaration according to the instructions above.
BEFORE AND DURING THE PERIOD ABROAD:
- communicate any possible interruption or change in the planned and approved period promptly, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- bring to the PhD and Professional Master Office a certificate in original provided by the hosting institution on letterhead, attesting the complete period spent there.
The increase on the scholarship will be paid in monthly deferred instalments for the complete period, following verification of the Academic Board’s authorization. In case of discordance between the duration declared and the period indicated in the certification provided by the hosting institution, the University will get back the amounts wrongfully paid by deducting them from the first instalment to be paid when the PhD student comes back.
HOW TO FILL IN YOUR SELF-DECLARATION
- Choose one of the option between 'to be authorized by' (in case your period abroad has already been authorized) or 'to have applied for authorization to' (in case you are waiting for the official approval);
- Indicate the full name of the host Institution;
- In the section "FROM ... TO...", indicate the duration of you period abroad, as it has been authorized by the Academic Board of your PhD programme;
- In the section "DAYS OF TRAVEL", indicate the number of days needed to reach your hosting institution and those needed to come back home (if quantifiable);
- Your self-declaration must be signed by the Supervisor appointed by the Academic Board of your PhD programme, not by your hosting one.
PhD students who intend to extend their period abroad have to repeat the procedure abroad, that is:
1) request the authorization to extend their period abroad well in advance;
2) within ten days from the conclusion of the previously authorized period, send to the Office (email@example.com) a new self-declaration on the additional period.