IA/0106 - SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN BUILDING SYSTEMS
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
ROBERTO RICCIU (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[80/72] ARCHITECTURE||[72/30 - Ord. 2017] ARCHITETTURA E SOSTENIBILITA'||4||40|
- Knowledge and understanding: The course aims to provide students with the knowledge of the heating and air cooling plant with particular interest in the residential building one. This objective will be pursued gradually through the acquisition of the knowledge of the Thermo hygrometric comfort based on UNI EN ISO 7730 for confined environments through air conditioning systems and the introduction of renewable energies in building system.
- Applying knowledge and understanding: The knowledge gained during the course will be spent during the design of confined environments, primarily residential, with the aim of setting up the thermo hygrometric comfort through air conditioning systems with support for energy from renewable energy sources.
- Making judgments: the student will acquire the ability to interpret and express the data related to the main parameters of comfort temperature and humidity of confined spaces, being able to formulate and solve proposed problems, demonstrating an appropriate degree of autonomy with respect to the specific skills of their future professional.
- Communication skills: The student will acquire the ability to communicate and express the issues on which it has taken during the course. Will be able to hold conversations about specific topics of air conditioning systems and renewable energy knowing how to highlight the problems in building contexts.
- Learning skills: Students will gain understanding of the bases for air conditioning systems and renewable energy systems applied to buildings and with the aim to achieving a confined environment comfortable, acquiring the ability to thermo hygro solve numerical problems on some specific topics, and to apply the basic cognitive tools to continuously update their knowledge.
During the course, where appropriate, the issues related to accessibility will be treated.
The students must know the basics of Applied Thermodyamic, regarding the thermal properties of both stationary and dynamic materials, heat transmission and the basics of thermodynamics. All lessons will be held in Italian, so it is necessary to understand the Italian language to take advantage of the course and to use the teaching material provided by the teacher. The teacher is available for explanations in English.
Starting from the training objectives of the course which provide for the training of students in the field of thermo-hygrometric comfort for residential construction in general with specific references standard, i.e.: UNI EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55 obtainable through the use of air conditioning systems in turn integrated with renewable energy. The course program provides the following topics:
1) Presentation of the course and final exams.
2) Technical aspects regarding the Thermo-hygrometric
According to UNI EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55; characteristic magnitudes and the role of the air conditioning system and of the building envelope. The topics will be covered in about 4 hours of lessons and 4 hours of classroom exercise.
3) Air conditioning systems
Conditioning guidelines, thermal load calculation, psychrometry and air conditioning, air conditioning, building plant components, energy transfer terminals, air treatment plants, air distribution, regulation of power plants. The topics will be covered in about 6 hours of theory and 9 hours of exercise.
4) Renewable energy sources.
Introduction to energy, solar energy, solar systems with flat collectors, solar thermal systems, photovoltaic solar systems, UNI / TS 11330-4.
The topics will be covered in about 9 hours of theory and 6 hours of exercise.
The teaching will be delivered simultaneously both face to face and online, outlining a mixed teaching that can be carried out in the university classrooms but at the same time also at a distance. At the beginning of the semester, each student can opt, with a binding choice, for face-to-face or remote teaching. Depending on the availability of the classrooms and the number of students who will opt for the face-to-face mode, shifts may be provided for effective access to the classroom.
Verification of learning
During the year students will apply the notions learned in a group design exercise. Verification requires an oral test in which the student's design exercise will be discussed, assessing their knowledge of project regulatory parameters, as well as the knowledge and/or the simple return of what is contained in the bibliographical material provided by the teacher.
The vote of the oral test will be included between: 18 and 22 for elementary and ineffective exposure understanding; 23 and 27 for a good understanding and a clear exposition; over 27 for a full and brilliant exposition and effective understanding.
The final vote will also take into account the assiduous and proved participation in the design process.
For the preparation of the exam, it is sufficient to refer to the lessons and to the material provided by the teacher. For further details or for self-study, we recommend the following texts:
- G. Cammarata, Impianti Termotecnici - Volume VI Fonti di Energia Rinnovabili, www.giulianocammarata.it;
- G. Cammarata, Impianti Termotecnici - Volume IV Condizionamento, www.giulianocammarata.it.
All tables and diagrams to support exercises are provided during the course and shared in a special cloud.
Power Point presentations will be used for projection of regulatory technical requirements. All material will be made available to online students on teacher web page: people.unica.it/robertoricciu/impianti-per-la-sostenibilita-energetica-degli-edifici.