MC/0536 - CLINICAL METHODOLOGY 2
Academic Year 2018/2019
Free text for the University
QUIRICO MELA (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[40/39] MEDICINE AND SURGERY||[39/00 - Ord. 2015] PERCORSO COMUNE||13||145|
The course consists of a part of the expertise of Internal Medicine, a part of Surgical competence and a part of Radiological competence.The aim of the course is to make the student familiar with methodologies aimed at collecting clinical history and conducting physical examination of the patient. The student must learn to perform the general goal, physical examination of the head and neck and cardiovascular systems, respiratory and gastrointestinal tract, as well as the kidney and urinary tract, and skin. The clinical evaluation will be integrated with the main methods of functional and
instrumental study (US, RX, RM, TC, DXA, Nuclear Medicine) of the following organs and systems: cardiovascular, respiratory, thyroid, breast,
esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, liver and biliary tract, pancreas, kidney and urinary tract,
arteries and veins. The main pathophysiological mechanisms of these diseases will be analyzed: portal
hypertension, acid-base balance and fluid and electrolyte balance, coagulation disorders as well as disorders
of the metabolism of sodium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus. The clinical consequences resulting from
infection, trauma, shock, burns, digestive bleeding, intestinal obstruction, peritonitis and organ transplantswill be examined. Still we will discuss the following topics: somatic and visceral pain, bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive broncho-pulmonary disease, pulmonary emphysema, pulmonary edema, acute and
chronic heart failure and respiratory failure.
Students will need to be able to match the recognition of signs of clinical and surgical semeiotics to the correct request for instrumental examinations to confirm the clinical suspected pathology following a proper radiological flow chart dictated by the international guidelines.
Prerequisites: students must have gained adequate knowledge of uman anathomy, physiology and biochemistry .
Family history, personal medical history
• Physical Examination
• Respiratory system, Cardiovascular system
Arterial pulse. Venous pulse
• Measurement of blood pressure
• Abdomen: inspection, palpation, percussion, auscultation
• Portal hypertension, ascites
• Change in the color of the skin
• • Electrocardiography:
• ECG Holter
• Respiratory system: physiopathology
• Emogas analysis
• Chest X-ray
• The diagnostic procedure: the doctor / patient relationship. The family history, personal
medical history. The medical record.
• The general physical examination and the local state: the physical examination of the patient
through inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation.
• Physical examination of the swelling
• Examination of the neck
• Physical examination of the chest and of the breast
• Examination of the abdomen. Rectal examination.
• Physical examination of the liver and biliary tract
• Examination of the external genitalia and hernias
• The clinical history and physical examination of the vascular occlusive disease and chronic
venous insufficiency. The acute ischemia of the limbs.
Oral cholecystography, intravenous cholangiography and ERCP
Urography and ascending pyelography
Renal scintigraphy and Cystoscopy
•Instrumental Semiotics of the arteries and veins
• Pathophysiology of fluid and electrolyte homeostasis and sodium
• Homeostasis of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and alterations
• Acid-base balance: acidosis and respiratory alkalosis
• Acid-base balance: metabolic acidosis and alkalosis
• Pathophysiology of the bowel obstruction, peritonitis, gastrointestinal bleeding
The Radiology Semeiotic Course Program provides a Diagnostic Flow Chart study for images, drawn up in accordance with international guidelines, regarding the signs of clinical and surgical semeiotics of the pathologies of the various apparatus.
The course consists of frontal lessons (50 hours of Internal Medicine, 50 hours of General Surgery and 10 hours of Radiological Semeiotics ) distributed in the first semester of III year and practical exercises (Internal Medicine:one week; General Surgery: one week) carried out in the Department of Internal Medicine of Cagliari AOU,in Department of Surgery of Cagliary AOU, in the Department of Radiology of Cagliari AOU
•Mela Quirico (firstname.lastname@example.org ) Cittadella Universitaria, Asse didattico, Dipartimento Scienze Medico Internistiche
•Zorcolo Luigi ( @unica.it ) Cittadella Universitaria, Asse didattico, Dipartimento Scienze Chirurgiche
•Politi Carola ( @unica.it ) Cittadella Universitaria, Asse didattico, Dipartimento Diagnostica per Immagini
Verification of learning
The assessment involves a final oral exam during which the student must demonstrate that he has acquired theoretical and practical knowledge in the management of anamnesis and Objective examination
In order to overcome the integrated course it is necessary to have sufficient judgment in both Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Radiology Semeiotics.
A single evaluation will be made by the members of the committee on the overall examination results
• - Il nuovo Rasario - Semeiotica e Metodologia Clinica. B. Tarquini - Idelson editore
• - Metodologia clinica. Nuti e Caniggia
• - Semeiotica medica nell' adulto e nell' anziano - Metodologia clinica ed esplorazione morfofunzionale
di Frada' - Frada'
• - Moderni aspetti di Semeiotica Medica. Sanna e Dioguardi
• - Metodologia Chirurgica. W. Montorsi, A. Peracchia, P. Pietri - Ed Minerva Medica.
• - Semeiotica e Metodologia Chirurgica. E. Berti Riboli, M. Gipponi - ECIG
• - Semeiotica Chirurgica e Metodologia Clinica. L. Gallone - Casa Editrice Ambrosiana.
• - Corazza, Ziparo. Manuale di Fisiopatologia medica e chirurgica. Il pensiero scientifico editore.
• - D’Amico. Chirurgia Generale. Fisiopatologia clinica e terapia. Piccin
• - F. Basile, R. Bellantone, A. Biondi, G. Di Candio, G. Dionigi, L. Decimo, C.P. Lombardi. Manuale di Semeiotica e Metodologia Chirurgica. EDRA
LOCATIONS OF INTERACTIVE TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS
AOU di Cagliari Policlinico Universitario - Presidio di Monserrato, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Surgery, Department of Radiology
Student Reception: Tuesdays from 13am to 14pm