40/270 - RHEUMATOLOGY AND MEDICAL GENETICS
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
ALBERTO CAULI (Tit.)
SANDRO IGNAZIO GIOVANNI ORRU
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[40/39] MEDICINE AND SURGERY||[39/00 - Ord. 2015] PERCORSO COMUNE||8||110|
The student will acquire the knowledge related to the definition and classification of Rheumatic Diseases and their epidemiology. Furthermore, he will have to learn about the susceptibility factors, the risk factors, the etiopathogenesis, the prevention strategies and the clinical pictures of the different Rheumatic Diseases. He will have to know the methodology for the anamnesis, the clinical examination and the meaning of the laboratory and instrumental exams. Finally, he must acquire the knowledge concerning the medical therapy of Rheumatic Diseases.
The student must learn the basic knowledge of human and medical genetics, with particular reference to gene, chromosomal and multifactorial diseases applicable to medical genetics. He must also acquire the basics of genetic counseling and genetic engineering.
The student must acquire the basic knowledge required for the genealogy evaluation, the analysis of transmission patterns useful for the diagnosis and the formulation of individual and reproductive risk prognosis. It must also acquire those skills that are indispensable for an appropriate approach to the patient suffering from genetic diseases.
Having passed the exams listed here: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, General Pathology, Laboratory Medicine, Internal Medicine I, Pharmacology
The official program of a RHEUMATOLOGY course for Students of the Faculty of Medicine, provided by the National College of Professors of Rheumatology
- Definition and classification of the Rheumatic Diseases
- Epidemiology of the Rheumatic Diseases
- Etiopathogenesis, susceptibility and risk factors, knowledge on prevention procedures; clinical features; clinical history; laboratory and instrumental tests with related sensibility and specificity; medical therapy and rehabilitation of the following diseases or disease groups :
2) ACUTE AND CHRONIC ARTHRITIS
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
- SERONEGATIVE SPONDYLOARTHRITIS or ENTHESIOARTHRITIS (Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Arthritis associated with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases, chronicized axial Reactive Arthritis [Reiters syndrome])
2) INFECTIOUS ARTHRITIS AND MICROBIAL-INDUCED ARTHRITIS
- SEPTIC ARTHRITIS
- REACTIVE ARTHRITIS
3) CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASES or SYSTEMIC RHEUMATIC DISEASES
- SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS
- SYSTEMIC SCLEROSIS
- SJOGRENS SYNDROME
- POLYMYALGIA RHEUMATICA
- VASCULITIDES (Giant Cell (Temporal or Hortons) Arteritis; Takayasus Arteritis, Polyarteritis nodosa, Wegener granulomatosis [Granulomatosis with polyangiitis] , Churg-Strauss Syndrome [Eosinophilic granulomatous with polyangiitis], Micropolyangiitis, Schonlein-Henoch Syndrome, Crioglobulinemic Vasculitis, Vasculitis secondary to infections or drug treatment], Behcets Disease.
4) CRISTAL-INDUCED ARTHROPATHY, ARTRHOPATIES INDUCED BY ENDOCRINOLOGICAL OR METABOLIC DISORDERS AND BY DEPOSITION DISEASES
- CHONDROCALCINOSIS (PSEUDO-GOUT)
5) PRIMITIVE AND SECONDARY OSTEOARTHROSIS, GENERALIZED AND OF THE DISTINCT ARTICULAR SITES
- DIFFUSE IDIOPATHIC SKELETAL HYPEROSTOSIS
7) BONE DISEASES
- PAGETS DISEASE OF BONE
8) EXTRA-ARTICULAR RHEUMATIC DISORDERS
- LOCALIZED EXTRA-ARTICULAR RHEUMATIC DISORDERS
9) RHEUMATOLOGICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF NEOPLASTIC DISEASES
10) RHEUMATOLOGICAL SYNDROMES SECONDARY TO PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHIES
- CARPAL TUNNELS SYNDROME
- ALGODISTROPHIC SYNDROME
MEDICAL GENETICS OFFICIAL PROGRAM
1. Basic Genetics: the basis of inheritance of characters
2. Autosomal inheritance
3. X linked inheritance
4. Multifactorial inheritance
5. Chromosomal diseases
6. Single gene diseases
7. Genetic Counseling and Eredo-familial cancer
8. HLA and disease
The didactical interactive method applied by the professors:
during the lessons the teacher will encourage the dialogue in order to achieve an understanding of the topics covered, using also the support of computer media and video projection.
Verification of learning
Students' evaluation will be provided through an oral examination, aimed to investigate the acquired theoretical knowledge.
The student will demonstrate the knowledge gained its capability to draw clinical conclusions thereon, using professional language and appropriate terminology.
The score of the examination shall be awarded by a mark out of thirty. The final mark is derived from a collegial decision by the examining committee.
The final score will consider the following elements:
1. theoretical knowledge and understanding;
2. analytical skills of pathological conditions;
3. capacity for analysis and description of appropriate therapeutic interventions;
4. use of appropriate language.
The fulfillment of all aspects is a necessary condition for passing the test. A basic understanding will result in a score of 18/30; for higher knowledge levels will be higher voting up to a maximum of 30/30 cum laude in case the student has acquired an excellent knowledge of all the topics covered during the course
-UNIREUMA Reumatologia per Studenti in Medicina, Ed. Idelson Gnocchi
Novelli G, Giardina E. "Genetica Medica Pratica" Ed. Aracne
Clementi M. "Elementi di Genetica Medica" Ed.EdiSes
Address correspondence to:
° DOCENTE : Prof. MATTEO PIGA
° E-mail : email@example.com
° Tel. 070/675.4069
GENETICA MEDICA (MED/03)
o DOCENTE: Prof. SANDRO ORRU'
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Tel. 070/6092851
Modalità di ricevimento studenti
Prof. Mathieu : appointment by e-mail
Prof. Carcassi: appointment by email