LF/0207 - SPECIAL ARCHIVE AND DIGITAL SYSTEMS
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
CECILIA TASCA (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[20/44] HISTORY AND SOCIETY||[44/00 - Ord. 2016] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||60|
1) Knowledge and understanding:
The course aims to analyze the different producers / conservators of the archive, and
the problems arising in the conservation and use of complex documentaries also through the potential offered by new technologies and new means of communication.
2) Knowledge and understanding skills applied:
The student will acquire further legal and IT skills, and more appropriate skills in the field of rearrangement, preservation and description of complex traditional and digital documentaries.
3) Autonomy of judgment:
The student will acquire specific knowledge and skills in the field of prudence, conservation and use of the complex documentaries and individual archival funds both of a traditional and digital and IT type.
4) Communication skills:
The student will know how to use the technical terminology and the disciplinary definitions in a pertinent way, and will effectively communicate the knowledge and skills acquired.
5) Ability to learn:
At the end of the course the student will have full knowledge of the production, preservation of digital archival complexes and the description of traditional archival complexes in the computer field; will also improve their skills and update to address both work paths at public and private bodies that operate in the field of the protection of Cultural Heritage (Superintendencies, Cultural Departments, Foundations, Cooperative Societies), and specific teaching and research paths of third level (School of specialization, Masters, Doctorate).
The student must have already attended at least one Basic Archival Course or the Archival Course (Module A) given in a three-year Degree course, must possess adequate knowledge in the field of training and conservation of complex documentaries produced by public bodies and Individuals and their management and use in light of the latest Italian and international legislation. He must also have acquired familiarity with the functioning of the administrative machinery of the State and of the local Autonomies (the main public subjects producing archives) and the legislation regarding the conservation and management of complex documentaries.
The course (60 hours of frontal lessons - 12 credits), will be divided into two modules (a + b of 30 hours each) and will focus on the history of the archives and on the development of information technology applied to the archives; computerized inventoried: description and structure standards, inventoried software. The introductory concepts of documentary conservation in a digital environment are also foreseen.
Frontal lecture and exercises
Verification of learning
Oral exam, duration 30 minutes. The exam questions will be 5 (one for each part of the program) of identical weight for evaluation purposes. The student must demonstrate that he possesses analytical skills, the ability to establish links between the various topics of the program, language proficiency and the right use of technical terms.
SPECIAL ARCHIVAL AND DIGITAL ENVIRONMENTS (model A)
1. Special Archives, edited by G. Bonfiglio Dosio, Cleup 2011
- F. Pizzaroni, The archives of the central organs of the State, pp. 17-52
- E. Scarpa, The archives of the Regions, pp. 53-74
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, The archives of the Municipalities in medieval and modern times, pp. 107-120
- A. Desolei, The archives of the Commons in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, pp. 121-176
- R. Pegoraro, Archives of the University of Studies, pp. 243-274
- C. Damiani, The archives of the Chambers of Commerce, pp. 275-294
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, Archives of pious works and institutions (public) of assistance and charity, pp. 295-310
- C. Covizzi, The health archives, p. 311-362
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, Private archives, pp. 363-366
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, The family archives, pp. 367-374
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, Archives in Person, pp. 375-381
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, The business archives, pp. 382-410
- M. Gentilini, The archives of political parties, pp. 411-434
- M. Romanato, The archives of the trade unions and workers' representatives: the case of the CGIL, pp. 435-450
- G. Bonfiglio Dosio, The parish archives, pp. 451-461
2. E. Todde, Governing a University. Secretaries and archivists at the service of the Royal University of Cagliari, Aipsa, Cagliari 2016, pp. 7-41.
3. M Rapetti, the reconquest of knowledge. The equalization of the University of Cagliari, Aipsa, Cagliari 2016, pp. 7-48.
N.B. Attending students are exempted from taking one of the two in-depth readings (No. 2/3) to the exam.
SPECIAL ARCHIVAL AND DIGITAL ENVIRONMENTS (MOD B)
Archivistica speciale e ambienti digitali (mod. B) a.a. 2019-20
1. L. Giuva, M. Guercio, Archivistica. Teorie, metodi, pratiche, Carocci 2014
Cap. 6 Lordinamento pp. 137-177
Cap. 7 La descrizione degli archivi nellepoca degli standard e dei sistemi informatici pp. 179-210
2. M. Guercio, Archivistica informatica, Carocci 2015
Cap. 4 Gli standard per la descrizione archivistica pp. 233-275
3. M. Guercio, Conservare il digitale. Principi, metodi e procedure per la conservazione a lungo termine di documenti digitali, Carocci 2013
Cap. 4 Il quadro normativo nazionale e la conservazione di documenti digitali pp. 157-220
4. M. Guercio, S. Pigliapoco, F. Valacchi, Archivi e informatica, Civita Editoriale 2010 - Archivi storici e risorse tecnologiche (F. Valacchi)
- Cap. I Archivi, standard e informatica: un rapporto complesso e costruttivo pp. 93-102
- Cap. II Tipologie di applicazioni tecnologiche agli archivi storici pp. 102-129
5. S. Pigliapoco, Progetto Archivio Digitale. Metodologia Sistemi Professionalità, Civita Editoriale 2018 (cap. VII Conservazione digitale)
6. F. Delneri, Gli orizzonti della conservazione. Le tre età dellarchivio e il ruolo dei sistemi e degli istituti di conservazione, Jlis, a. 10 (2019), n. 1, pp. 12-25
7. S. Pigliapoco, La conservazione digitale in Italia. Riflessioni su modelli, criteri e soluzioni, Jlis, a. 10 (2019), n. 1, pp. 1-11
8. P. Feliciati, Dalla descrizione archivistica al documento digitale: l'adozione del profilo MAG per la gestione della digitalizzazione negli archivi storici, «Digitalia», n. 1 (2007), pp. 35-48 (disponibile in formato PDF al link http://digitalia.sbn.it/article/view/495/388)
N.B. Attending students will be exempted from taking the text n. 8.
Themes and problems addressed during the lectures and exercises will be the subject of examination. The teaching materials will be available on the Faculty website, in the appropriate section of the teacher's personal page.