– PhD in Economics, University of Essex, 2007
– Doctorate in Economics, University of Cagliari, 2004
– Master (MSc) in Economics, Coripe, University of Turin, 1999
– Laurea Degree (BSc) in Political Science, University of Cagliari, 1997
– Assistant Professor in Economics, University of Cagliari, 2004 – present
– Research Affiliate, CRENoS, 2004 – present
– Research Fellow, IZA – Insitute for the Study of Labor, 2015 – present
Postgraduate Courses and Visiting Positions
– Visiting Professor, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Spring 2017
– Visiting Scholar, University of California at Berkeley, Spring 2013
– Visiting Scholar, University of Hawaii, Spring 2012
– Project Manager, World Management Survey in Schools in Italy, Spring 2011
– Visiting Scholar, Georgetown University, Spring 2010
– Visiting Researcher, University of Edinburgh, Spring 2009
– Economic Geography, Summer School CEPR, Cagliari 2005
– Microeconometrics, Summer School European Economic Association, London 2003
– Labor Economics, Summer School IZA, Munich 2003
– Economic Growth, Summer School European Economic Association, Barcelona, 2000
– Econometrics, PhD Course CIDE, Bertinoro, 2000
– Research Contract, University of Cagliari, 1999
Presentations at Conferences and Seminars
2017 — Apr: University of New South Wales, School of Economics; Jan: 7th ICEEE Conference, Messina;
2016 — Oct: 57 Annual Conference Società Italiana Economisti, Bocconi University; Oct: Workshop “Diseguaglianze salariali e contrattazione collettiva”, Rome; Sep: XXVIII SIEP Conference, Lecce; Jun: Developments in Economic Theory and Policy Conference, Bilbao; Feb: Università Cattolica, Milan;
2015 — Sep: XXX AIEL Conference, Cagliari;
2014 – Oct: Economic Policy Panel Meeting, Rome; Sep: AIEL Conference, Pisa; Jul: IZA/SOLE Transatlantic Meeting, Munich; Jun: ESPE Conference, Braga, Portugal; May: 10 Years of World Management Survey Conference, Harvard Businees School; Feb: 53rd Annual Meeting of the Western Regional Science Association (WRSA), San Diego, California
2013 – Dec: SAEe 2013 Santander, Sep: AIEL Conference Luiss, May: SOLE Conference Boston, May: MILLS Seminar Bocconi, Apr: University of Lecce, Jan: 5th ICEEE Conference Pisa
2012 – Sep: IZA/CEPR ESSLE Munich, EALE Conference Bonn, University of Genova, AIEL Conference Caserta; Aug: EEA Conference Malaga; Jun: ESPE Conference Bern; Mar: University of Hawaii at Manoa; Feb: Annual Meeting Western Regional Science Association, Kauai, Hawaii.
2011 – Jan: 4th Italian Congress of Econometrics and Empirical Economics (ICEEE), Pisa; Apr: Annual Meeting of the Royal Economic Society (RES), London; Nov: Annual Meeting North American Regional Science Association, Miami; Dec: X Brucchi Luchino Worskhop, Rome.
2010 – May: Econometrics Workshop, Georgetown University; Sept: University of Genova.
2009 – Dec: VIIII Brucchi Luchino Workshop, Bank of Italy, Rome; Sept: Conference of the Italian Association of Labour Economists, Sassari; Sept: Conference of European Association of Labour Economists (EALE), Tallin; Aug: European Meeting of the Econometric Society (ESEM), Barcelona; Jul: III World Congress Spatial Econometrics Association (SEA), Barcelona; Mar: University of Salerno; Jan: 3rd Italian Congress of Econometrics and Empirical Economics (ICEEE), Ancona.
2008 – Jun: Workshop The Evolution of Inequalities in the Italian Labour Market, Rome.
2007 – Oct: Labour Market Dynamic Growth (LMDG) Conference, Sandbjerg, Denmark; Sept: XIX Conference of European Association of Labour Economists (EALE), Oslo; Sept: Workshop Laboratorio Revelli, Turin; Feb: Workshop The Evolution of Inequalities in the Italian Labour Market, Milan.
2006 – Jun: XX Meeting of European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), Verona.
2005 – Nov: Department of Economic, Management and Statistical Sciences (DEAS), University of Milan; Oct: 46 Scientific Annual Meeting of the Society of Italian Economists (SIE), Naples; Sept: XX Conference of the Italian Association of Labour Economists (AIEL), Rome; May: 39 Congress of the Canadian Economic Association (CEA), Hamilton, Ontario; Mar: Annual Meeting of the Royal Economic Society (RES), Nottingham; Jan: I Italian Congress Econometrics and Empirical Economics (ICEEE), Venice.
2004 – Dec: III Brucchi Luchino Workshop, European University Institute, Florence; Sept: XIX Conference of the Italian Association of Labour Economists, Modena; Sept: XVI Conference of European Association of Labour Economists (EALE), Lisbon; Aug: 59 European Meeting of the Econometric Society (ESEM), Madrid; Jun: XVIII Meeting of European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), Bergen.
2003 – Oct: Research Strategy Seminar, University of Essex; Sept: University of Rome – La Sapienza; Sept: XVIII Conference of the Italian Association of Labour Economists, Messina; Apr: VI IZA Summer School in Labor Economics, Munich; Apr: VIII Spring Meeting of Young Economists, Leuven.
2002 – Dec: Joint Workshop Isfol and Dept. of Economic Sciences, University of Rome; Nov: Research Strategy Seminar, University of Essex; Sept: XVII Conference of the Italian Association of Labour Economists, Salerno; Mar: Applied Econometrics Workshop, University of Essex.
Best Referee Award 2011, Regional Studies.
European Economic Review, Oxford Economic Papers, Journal of Law and Economics, Journal of Population Economics, Labour Economics, British Journal of Industrial Relations, Labour, Manchester School, Regional Studies, Research in Labor Economics, Scottish Journal of Political Economy, IZA World of Labor, International Review of Economics, Politica Economica, Rivista Italiana degli Economisti.
For a complete list of my publications see corresponding page or click here.
For a complete version of my Curriculum Vitae see here.