Daniele Cocco was born in Sanluri (CA) October 3, 1964, married, three children. In 1991 he obtained his degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cagliari with highest honors. Currently he is Full Professor of Energy Systems at the Department of Mechanical, Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Cagliari. From July 2015 to June 2021 he was the Coordinator of the Bachelor and Master Degrees in Mechanical Engineering. Since October 2021 he is the President of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Cagliari.
- Since February 1995 assistant professor in the SSD I04C sector, “Sistemi e Tecnologie Energetici” at the Engineering Faculty of the University of L’Aquila.
- Since November 1997 assistant professor in the SSD I04C sector, “Sistemi e Tecnologie Energetici” at the Engineering Faculty of the University of Cagliari.
- Since November 2001 associate professor in the SSD ING-IND-09 sector “Sistemi per l’Energia e l’Ambiente”, at the Engineering Faculty of the University of Cagliari.
- Since October 2015 Full professor in the SSD ING-IND-09 sector “Sistemi per l’Energia e l’Ambiente”, at the Engineering Faculty of the University of Cagliari.
- Since 2001 teacher of Fluid Machines and Energy Systems for the Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical and Electrical Engineering;
- Since 2012 teacher of Thermodynamics and Fluid Machines for the Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental and Land Engineering;
- From 2003 to 2005 and since 2014 teacher of Renewable Energy Technologies for the Master’s Degree in Mechanical and Energetics Engineering;
- From 2000 to 2011 teacher of Environmental Impact of Energy Systems for the Bachelor and Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Teacher for Masters, IFTS courses, professional courses and specialization schools.
- Supervisor of over 160 bachelor and master degree thesis in the sector of conventional ad advanced energy systems, and the environmental impact related to power generation. Supervisor of 4 PhD thesis in Industrial Engineering.
- He authored the textbooks “L’impatto ambientale dei sistemi energetici” (with Prof. Giorgio Cau) and “Tecnologie delle energie rinnovabili” (with Proff. Chiara Palomba and Pierpaolo Puddu).
- Member of the Selection Board for the PhD Courses in Mechanical Design and Industrial Engineering at the University of Cagliari. Member of the Final Examination Board for the PhD Course in Industrial Engineering. Member of the Selection Board for Assistant Professor and Associate Professor.
- Author of over 130 scientific publications in the field of conventional and advanced energy conversion systems.
- Participation to several research projects (PRIN, CNR, L. 297/99, FIRB, etc.) in the field of energy conversion systems.
- Collaboration with many public and private companies (Eurallumina, Sotacarbo SpA, Enel SpA, ARSSA, Biotecne, ENEA, Ansaldo SpA, Sardegna Ricerche, ENAS, etc.)
- Referee for many international journals (Energy, Journal of Power and Energy, Int. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, Fuel, Fuel Processing Technology, etc..) and national and international
- Since 2008 member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Power and Energy (Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A).
- Member of the PhD Board in Industrial Engineering.
- Member of the board for the Italian National Scientific Qualification (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale, ASN) 2016-2018.
- Referee for the Evaluation of research projects for the Italian University and Research Ministry and member of the inspection board for the GSE.
Last updated: March 2022